Our family

Our family

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Accepted!

A couple of things have happened just in the last week that we wanted to share with you. As I stated in my previous post, I will be enrolling as a full time student to obtain my aircraft mechanic certification. The school that we had been looking at was Northwest Mississippi Community college, literally up the road from us. However, God has opened up a door to another school that we are pursuing.

As I was browsing the internet the other night I came across another mechanic school called Tennessee Tech. I had heard about it before but figured it would be too expensive being out of state and all, but it turns out that it's actually cheaper and shorter! The NW Community College is a two year program whereas Tenn. Tech is 18 months! Jennifer and I were intrigued by this and so we looked into it. I called them up and got some information on applying and was told the next open class was September 28th of this year and filling up fast. So, I went yesterday and filled out an application and scheduled an aptitude test that they require for entry into the program. Well, I took that test this morning and with a perfect score I have been accepted into the Tennessee Tech mechanic school! It's amazing how God has worked this out because just two days ago I had no thoughts about attending this school.

All of this happened so fast that as I sit here typing I still can't believe how quickly God made this happen. There are several advantages of this school as opposed to NW Community College. One, it's 18 months instead of two years, which gets us going a little bit quicker and I will be able to focus on school more consistently, instead of having a summer break with the other program. Two, it allows me to work at Pinnacle for one more month, and that's one more month we have to raise financial support. The only minus is that it's a 20 minute drive instead of a 5-10 minute drive. (I have to have something to complain about!) This is just such an answered prayer because it definitely gives us more of a plan moving forward, knowing when I'm starting class, the cost, and the total time I'll be in school.

I was given a short tour of the school facility this morning and was very excited about the classes and what I'll be learning. It was a little odd seeing this side of the operation since I'm so used to calling up maintenance personal to fix our airplane so we can fly. From the missionary pilots I have talked to they all say getting mechanic training will make you a better pilot, especially on the mission field.

Jennifer and I are very excited about my acceptance into the school and see it as another God ordained step towards our long journey. We want to thank everyone who has been praying for us! We seriously could not do all of this if it weren't for faithful intercessory prayers of our family, friends, and church community. We treasure each and every one of you and pray for you as well. We will keep everyone updated on events that take place and where God continues to lead us.

One area of prayer need right now is for a direction of where God wants us to serve. We have certainly felt the call to go, but where to go is still undetermined. We are willing to go anywhere, but if you could specifically pray that God would place a certain people group and country on our hearts. Again, we treasure the prayers and encouragement and are humbled by your interest in what God is doing in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. That is great Andrew and Jennifer. We will be praying for you guys. I love reading about how God is working all of this out for you.

    ReplyDelete